Tuesday, August 07, 2007

This is basically a drive by post. I haven't knit a damn thing. Not on swallowtail, not on the Dalek, nothing, nada. Oddly enough last night I was actually spinning on my wheel. I figured if I wasn't up to knitting maybe I should spend that time spinning. I think all my mentors have finally started to make a dent in my thick skull. I have two small balls of horribly spun (half over-spun, half under-spun) to show for my two hour Closer marathon. That is however the most productive I have ever been on it (and let's not even pretend I ever did anything on the drop spindle). Some of it looks pretty damn good if you look hard enough.

Most importantly I seem to have finally gotten the rhythm of it which was my problem up until now. Pre-drafting helps a lot but the pull, pinch thing was a bitch for me. Last night I did it pretty well. Even Rinaldo was impressed. Of course the beer might have helped;) I'll definitely work on it some more tonight.

Maybe I'll even take pictures...

See Bel you didn't waste your money after all...

0 comments: