Thursday, April 22, 2004

Not much knitting going on. I cast on for Anouk's pocket/gauge swatch yesterday and I can't get the gauge right!. Ok ok I only tried 2 needle sizes (6s and 7s respectively for those keeping track) but I swear the swatch on the bigger needles is smaller than the first. What's up with that? My row gauge for those who are interested is absolutely perfect on the larger size needle. I am not a happy camper. I leave tomorrow for my trip and frankly I don't want to be swatching madly with my Needlemaster set surgically attached to my side the whole trip. Instead I want to be working on a dainty, beautiful dress that everyone will ooh and aah at from the minute I get on board all the way until Monday when I disembark with the finished product (that will have miraculously woven in all it's own loose ends , stitched itself together and blocked itself overnight). I don't really think I'm asking too much?

Alison posted this the other day and being that I work in a bookstore I felt a compulsion to try it...

1. Grab the nearest book.
2. Open the book to page 23.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the sentence in your journal with these instructions.

" I tried to remember what it was like to be near so many people who knew me." Jon McGregor's "If Nobody Speaks Remarkable"

I should admit, somewhat abashedly that I picked up 2 other books first and the lines I ran into were far too depressing for me so I decided cheating was a better way have fun.

Oh well no blogging until I get back from the Bahamas (yeah baby!) so see you Tuesday....

0 comments: