Monday, April 19, 2004

I got back from Indianapolis late Saturday. I couldn't get my laptop to connect to the internet while I was gone so I apologize for the lack of posting. I did indeed work on the basket weave towel (even during some seminars) but at the small gauge I really didn't get much done. The blanket is finished, and Sonnet will get it's buttons tonight. I will try to get pictures up soon. So checking in on the Spring Knit-Up that just leaves me with one project left, the towel (the Shapely Tank doesn't count because I started it recently, nor does the sock because it's in the car therefore it doesn't really exist until I take it out of the compartment I have it hidden in).

I am going to start Anouk a day or so before my trip (I leave Friday for the cruise whoo hoo!). I'm figuring I will do a pocket as a gauge swatch and attempt duplicate stitch for the flower. If that works out ok I will do it for the second as well, otherwise I will do it in intarsia. I am not a big intarsia fan so I thought I'd experiment with duplicate stitch first.

I found my thought for the day from Mom in the Mirror my favorite non-knitting blog. The Modern Mother's Mantra:

Enjoy more, worry less

I think everybody could use it. Although parents do worry exponentially more than civilians, in this day and age everybody has far too many things to be worried about. So today go out and enjoy yourselves, it's good for your health...

0 comments: