Friday, February 09, 2007

Hooky Day February 07

Let's see, I'm sitting on my couch watching Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge, nice and cozy with my blanket. I've dyed away my grey and watched yesterday's General Hospital already. I think it's a successful day off so far.

I have been continuing to go through hell with the damn placket sweater. I got through the seed stitch band on the lower half but I realized that I hadn't cast on the right number of stitches. I was casting on when I was riding the train to work but I must not have finished by the time I got to my stop. When I picked it up again on the way home I just started knitting. I ripped it out when I realized it was too small and started yet again. I'm not sure I'll have the patience to do that again if I find another mistake. If Ian didn't love the sweater in the picture I would have given up all ready.

I"ve been very monogamous so far with projects but I think I'm going to need something going on the side to help me deal with the sweater. I'm thinking some socks, or maybe even the Swallowtail shawl. We'll see, all I know is that Ian can't bust me knitting on anything that isn't his sweater.

Ian's school called yesterday, it seems that in the process of doing all his assessments to get him back into special ed they have come to the conclusion that he may have a problem with his eyes. It seems that this can account for many of the problems he has in class. One of his eyes does seem a bit lazy and there are little things that make me think that it's a possibility. So we made an appointment for him to be assessed and we'll see what comes of it. The odd thing is that usually when they bring up some new thing they think is wrong I flip out or at the very least get depressed. Rinaldo is more than a little upset by this but I'm fine. My friend said that maybe it's because they are looking for a cause and giving us options to deal with it but I don't think I'm that rational. I think it's because I grew up in the blind and visually impaired community, it holds no mysteries for me. What they are talking about in Ian's case isn't even like my parents or their friends. His eyesight is seemingly quite good, if there's an issue it's with focusing or processing or something like that. That's nothing in comparison. It would be somewhat comforting to have a concrete reason that can be dealt with. Of course life isn't that simple so I'm adopting a wait and see attitude on the whole thing.

Risa and I have opened the Knitting Bloggers webring for the first time this year. I think I'll be doing a lot of work on it this weekend.

Have a good one...

0 comments: