Saturday, June 17, 2006

Shh, be very, very quiet. We are hunting the rare elusive creature known as the finished object. While these creatures are quite common in some knitting sanctuaries, here at the Mathews knit reserve they seem to have been close to extinction. One was spotted yesterday. Let's see if we can get it on film:

Wow, there it is and it's an Odessa Finishus Objectus. Absolutely amazing, it's wonderful when you can still see these here in this particular territory.

Yup, I finished Odessa. It was very freeing. Like a big ass monkey off my back. I like the way it came out, although oddly enough I discovered when I was finished I never switched to the larger needle after doing the ribbing. It fits me so I don't think it's a problem, even though I have no intention of keeping it.

This led to a bit of a binge on starting new projects. I frogged the Dublin Bay sock and re-cast it on with far, far less stitches. It's weird that it was so damn huge considering it's on 2s but whatever. I went from 72 stitches to 56 and now it's fine.

I also finally cast on for Charlotte:

Happy Kathleen?;)


There's been some tinking back, mostly because I love to forget yarn overs but I'm farther than I got the last time I tried it. It also seems easier. I'm guessing because I've had practice now with Branching Out. Frankly it seems easier than that but I'm only on row 29 so I not going to say that for sure just yet.

Maribel also reminded me that Dulaan stuff is due any second now. I have done absolutely nothing. I really wanted to do a sweater this year and this seemed the ticket:



It's not moving as quickly as I'd like but if I can make a dent in it this weekend I think I'll actually pull it off. I mean it's all garter and done in a bulky yarn it's gotta be quick right?

Today the boys and I are off to Brooklyn to go here:


My buddy Mike is there with his new girlfriend since she will have a table, so I'm dragging the boys onto 3 trains, which excites Ian to no end, to check it out. Looks like a blast. You know at 36 I can still count on my fingers the times I've gone to Brooklyn. Weird right?

Just 'cause this looks fun, I thought I'd do this meme, picked up from Kimberly :

Please leave a one-word comment that you think best describes me — it can only be one word long. Then copy and paste this into your blog so that I may leave a word about you.

Have a great weekend...

0 comments: