Monday, March 21, 2005

What a difference 2 days make. I feel so much better, now that I have finished the antibiotics. I didn't need the cough medicine all weekend either. I also have the sock monkey off my back. What did I do? I worked on not one but two projects this weekend.

First let me show off some yarn acquisitions that I got while I was sick. It turned out that the package I was expecting from Patternworks had been sitting in my super's apartment for over a week. I am not even going to get started about that. I'm just happy I have my yarn. Patternworks was great. They tracked it for me told me it was delivered and told me that if the post office couldn't tell me where it was to call them back and they would re-ship. I'm glad it didn't come to that but I was happy for such good customer service.

Here is the yarn for the log cabin baby blanket, see if you can spot what is wrong in the picture:



Let's see, there's pink, yellow, purple, green and...hey where's the blue? Oops somehow I screwed up and didn't order it.

Here's the yarn for Rinaldo's scarf:




This was such amazingly soft yarn and the color so interesting that I had to cast on as soon as the socks were done. Aah the relaxing feel of thick yarn on large needles. It's a heavy worsted, but after the socks it feel like bulky. Look how fast it worked up this weekend:



Rinaldo is very happy with the way it is coming out, but a ball only gave me 1 foot. He very specifically wanted a "six foot" scarf. So along with the blue Cascade Sierra for the blanket, I am also ordering 2 more balls of the Print 127.

When I wasn't working on the scarf I was working on the blanket for my cousin so no pictures there but it is coming out beautifully.

There are many advantages to working in a bookstore, but my favorite has to be getting advance copies of books. Look at what I picked up last week:



It's a sequel to Shop on Blossom Street. I wasn't completely in love with the first one but it was a fun read and I like the main character, so I'm looking forward to reading more about her in this one.

No one asked but I found out from my sockapalooza buddy what yarn she used. I had to ask because these socks are really, really soft, seriously. Here's what she said,

"The yarn is Regia Silk, 55% merino wool, 25% polyamide nylon, 20%
silk, color #091. 1 (one!) 50g /200m skein made your pair of socks,
with just the tiniest smidge leftover."

I am definitely going to pick some up and make somebody socks with it someday! Just not today, or anytime in the very near future. I'm not going near anything below a size 8 needle for a little while...

0 comments: