Friday, March 04, 2005

Guess where I was last night...

with my boys:


After all these years I still love Crue. I was 14 when I saw them for the first time opening for Ozzy. Last night they were just as amazing if not more so. I'm glad I saw them so early in this tour because it was obvious how much fun they were having. On my way out of work last night I was talking to my store manager and he was saying that at least one of them must be broke for them to be doing this tour, but I'm not so sure. Watching last night all I could think of is what a high it is to perform in front of a crowd of nearly 20,000 people. Hearing them sing your songs and screaming your name. Most of them are addicts or recovering addicts of one kind or another so isn't this just another form of addiction?

Obviously there was no knitting at the Crue concert. There wasn't even an opening act so I had no downtime to worry about. I was kicking myself though because I wore Clapotis, and I realized too late that I should have brought my camera to document her night out a la the Harlot's Dublin Bay socks.

I did turn the heel and am just about done with the foot decreases. I am off today for Crue recovery so I am hoping to get a fair amount of work done on it.

Thanks for all your compliments on the yarn organization. It worked out really well with the new drawers but we all know it will all be out the window in a matter of months as new yarn joins the family. Thank you also to all of you who make suggestions for the orphan balls. Most were charity oriented and I think I can do just about all of them at one point or another to help reduce the yarn and do something nice.

For those of you interested in how Rhonda the Roomba is doing (yes we named her), she is currently vacuuming the living room. I haven't had a problem with her yet but I will keep you informed as Kathleen mentioned that her parents returned theirs. We'll see if our honeymoon ends.

Have a great weekend everyone....

0 comments: