Thursday, March 24, 2005

Somehow I missed blogging yesterday, sorry about that. I don't have much progress to report. I've been working on the blanket for my cousin. I am having some silly problems with it. I don't have stitch markers in it to mark off where I should be increasing but it's pretty obvious, or at least I thought it was. I seem to be forgetting to increase every few sections. I always catch it after the fact and then have to fix it to match all the other sections. I am just not paying enough attention.

I saw a woman in Starbuck's this morning with her knitting on the table. It looked like a front piece for a cardigan. The interesting thing about it was that she was knitting on chop sticks. I've toyed with making some needles out of chop sticks for Avery maybe now I will.

I also found out there is a knitting group here at NYU that I knew nothing about. The NYU Naughty Knitters. The question is, how did I not know about this? Am I not naughty enough or as people keep telling me, am I far too naughty to be involved. I have e-mailed the head of the group to see if I can find out when they meet so I can attend.

I received the new Family Circle Easy Knitting, not too much in to be excited about but I love these baby sweaters:



and I am definitely making this sweater for myself:



It reminds me of a sweater I had when I was 12 or 13 that I ruined when I put it in the washing machine. I think unconsciously I have been looking for that sweater for years so I'm very excited. I just need to decide if I'm going to use the yarn they suggest, Porto Cervo, or go for something different. Decisions, decisions...if any of you have used it what did you think or do you have something you prefer that would work?

I got this quiz from Nancy and I couldn't resist, mostly because I love this stupid bunny:

cute but psycho
you are the cute but psycho happy bunny. You
adorable, but a little out there. It's alright,
you might not have it all, but there are worse


which happy bunny are you?
brought to you by Quizilla

yeah like I haven't heard that before...

0 comments: