Monday, February 09, 2004

You are Merino Wool.
You are Merino Wool.
You are very easygoing and sweet. People like to
keep you close because you are so softhearted.
You love to be comfortable and warm from your
head to your toes.


What kind of yarn are you?
brought to you by Quizilla


That's what I felt like this weekend! I had a really relaxing 2 days, very unusual for me, at least since I had kids. On Friday my husband and oldest son went ice skating. So I spent the evening with the baby. I put him to bed around 8:30 and I watched this Norwegian film Elling. It was cute and quirky. I had finished the Cotton Chenille washcloth on the subway home that night so I worked on Sonnet. I was still on the garter stitch portion so it was easy to do while reading subtitles. I had finished most of the laundry during the week so aside from some straightening up I didn't have much housework to do (really, really unusual). Saturday I actually worked out at the gym while Avery had his Fencing class. My husband had taken Ian home after his class so I had no one else to look after.

Saturday and Sunday I didn't knit much and it was all on Sonnet. I finished up to binding off for the armhole. I really should have worked on the shawl but I was just feeling too damn lazy. I did wash the washcloth. I was curious to see if it would hold up to machine washing, since I am giving it to a new mom. The label says handwash, but the pattern in Knitting for Baby says it is machine washable. I popped it in with a few other items that required the gentle cycle. It came out beautifully. It is really soft and the stitch definition on the basketweave is much more defined after washing. So this morning I cast on 136 stitches for the towel. Let's see how long this takes on size 5 needles. The shower is the 28th. Will I be able to pull it off?

Stay tuned....

0 comments: