Monday, June 16, 2008

Knitting in public and private

I did manage to knit in public this past Saturday. I took Ian to see The Backyardigans Live. While we were waiting for the show to start (and during intermission) I worked on the baby kimono. At one point a woman walked by my seat looked at my knitting and said, "great idea". I also knit on the subway to and from the show. Nothing out of the ordinary for me but at least I can feel like I represented a bit.

I signed up for a spin along this weekend. Carol is challenging people to spin at least Ten Minutes a Day:


Since I've been desperately missing my spinning I thought this might be a good way to get back into it. Unfortunately I didn't even find 10 minutes to do it this weekend but tonight I will do my best.

This reminded me that I signed up for the Summer of Socks 2008 awhile back:


Of course the irony is not lost on me. I had to temporarily give up on my socks to get my knitting mojo back but I am confident that once the dreaded RPMs are finished I will be happy to start another pair of a different pattern. I am really a fickle woman. Once I've knit a sock pattern I appear to be done with it. No matter how much I love it the first time, the next time I do a pair in the same pattern it is like being boiled in oil. Funny that.

Ahh Monday how I hate you so.

0 comments: