Tuesday, January 01, 2008

2007- Year End Wrap Up

Oddly enough I only bested last year by 1 item. Last year's final count was 30, this year was 31. I did 4 pairs of socks last year and I did four again this year. Funny how those things work out. I did amazingly get Cherie Amour done. Here's a shot taken by my good friend Amanda, be kind to subject and photographer, it was nearly midnight on Saturday. I'll spare you the shot that includes my head, believe me you should thank me:



I actually re-blocked it yesterday. It seems to have unblocked itself somewhat along the way. You couldn't see the lace in the bottom or the arms at all. In fact they contracted as the evening went along. There are many things I would change if I made another. I would eliminate the cuff on the sleeves. I think they would work better if they were bell sleeves. I would make them longer and I would make the bottom longer. I'm also still toying with crocheting an edge on the neckline to get rid of some of the rolling it has going on. All these flaws aside I love the sweater. It's super comfortable and I received lots of compliments on it. I think it will look even better if when I lose a few pounds.

I also managed to sneak in a pair of Saarjte's Booties. A co-worker of Rinaldo's had a new baby so I finally had an excuse to make them. They still need buttons because well I'm lazy but they are cute nonetheless. I'll take a picture as soon as I button them up.

Here's the complete list of finished items for 2007:

  • Ian's Socks
  • Red Scarf
  • Ear Flap Hat
  • Clapotis
  • Wubbzie
  • Placket Sweater
  • Gyrid
  • 2 Soldier Squares
  • Soy Wool Stripes Hat
  • Calorimetry
  • Baby Kimono
  • RPMs
  • Baby Garter Cloche (2)
  • Baby Kimono II
  • Cabled Booties
  • Anastasia Socks
  • Mini Cables Soap Sack
  • Mini Cables Washcloth
  • Gryffindor Book Scarf
  • Loksins
  • Dalek
  • Handspun Mitts
  • SWS Wrist Warmers
  • Calorimetry (SWS)
  • Multidirectional Scarf
  • Charade Socks
  • Playground Mittens
  • Saartje's Booties
  • Cherie Amour
If you're curious to see them here's the link to my flickr set.

Wednesday as the start of the work week kind of works for me. It's already half over:D

Happy Wednesday!

0 comments: