Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Aye, me thought you all should know today is "Talk Like a Pirate Day" Gar, Where can I find a bottle o'rum?

I contemplated writing my entire post and then putting it in the Pirate Talk Translator but since I kind of like people to read my posts I refrained. My friend Andrew gets thanks for letting me know about it being such an important day. I'm afraid to ask how he knew. From my admittedly poor knowledge of pirates I do believe they appreciate a good striped sock. Here's where I am on mine:

hey that's a halfway decent camera phone shot...coooolll;)

No, they are not stupid Katy. I'm kind of in love with them. My other friend Leslie (not the one they are being made for) who is something of a knitter herself was checking them out at Avery's soccer game on Saturday and wondering if she could make a pair. She asked me how difficult the color changes were. I looked at her quite seriously and said, "not difficult at all" then I pulled out the ball and showed her how the stripes were worked into the yarn. She told me to get her what she needs so she can make her own. Yup, lots of love out there for these socks.

When I'm not working on the socks I'm reading. For some reason I'm on a huge reading binge. There's nothing wrong with it, it just seriously cuts into the knitting time. I did go to the Knit Out Sunday and I had a good time but Maribel got all the shots so go see her, ok? It was really freakin' hot a bit warm so we didn't stay that long and the Knit Out is never as much fun as it should be to begin with. Although Avery got to meet Stephanie so he was happy.

My cousin sent me this link the other day. It's hysterical but damn the food is really made well. Reminds me of those hats made by certain bloggers awhile back.

For those of you who need a little help in how to be a pirate for Talk Like a Pirate Day, here's some help from Ian's favorite show.

Ahoy, happy Wednesday. We're halfway thar, shiver me timbers!

Added later: Ok who caught the fact that when I wrote this I thought it was Wednesday? It's only Tuesday. Damn...

0 comments: