Monday, September 15, 2003

Hey I'm back. Work is finally calming down to a dull roar, so I have finally have a chance to breathe (and blog) again. I finished SFKB this weekend (up late watching Clerks on HBO). I am so not crazy about it. The armpits are way to low and I find the edgings way too unfinished looking, of course I haven't blocked it or even weaved in the ends yet so that may be a bit unfair. I am thinking I could pick up stitches around the bottom of the armhole and knit it higher but at this point I think I will put it away for awhile. It does fit great though so I am pleased about that.
I finished the mittens for my son which came out beautifully. I am now working on a hat for him with the same yarn but I think there is not enough to finish it. I decided to do a stripe with some merino that I have in a similiar (slightly darker) color. Then I will do the earflaps in the contrasting color and that should carry me through.
Having finished my sweater I have finally picked up stitches on the strap for my Basic Bag from Knitting Experience (still waiting for my Purl Stitch volume to arrive!). So I will work on that at home in the evenings and the hat on my commute. I am trying to cast on for a pair of socks to keep in the car (oops the car died this afternoon guess I don't really need that anymore!) but I am having a hell of a time getting them started, the stitches keep falling off or getting twisted. I don't mind working on dpns put I have a really hard time starting with them.

0 comments: