Saturday, September 20, 2003

Finished my little guy's hat. It came out a bit larger than I planned so I decided to forgo the ear flaps and just add straps. I picked up 4 stitches on the inside of each side of the hat and then I did about 22 garter stitch ridges. It came out quite nicely.
The Mary Maxim Kashmere skein finally arrived today. I had ordered it about a month ago but after 3 weeks I called them to say it hadn't arrived. So they shipped another and it got here in 5 days. That's service! I wanted to test it for a sweater for my best friend Maribel. It's the Pebble Beach sweater from Interweave Knits Spring 2002. I haven't completely finished the swatch but I think it will work. It is pleasant to work with (especially for an acrylic), soft but not slippery. It also seems to have good memory. I suspect it would be great for cables.
Speaking of acrylic, I am working on the Basic Bag in Red Heart for my mother in law's birthday, which I just realized is in less than 2 weeks. The problem is I can't stand the feel of it anymore. I chose it on purpose because I wanted industrial strength durability, but since I bought it I have worked with merino and cashmere and who the hell wants to go back! But I refuse to become a yarn snob, it is exactly the yarn I want this bag to be made of so I just have to suck it up.

0 comments: