Monday, February 25, 2008

Partying on the Island...

On Saturday Maribel and I braved the cold and residual snow to head out to Long Island to celebrate the impending addition to Cara's family. Maribel found a friend the moment we came in:
Lucy is quite the charmer, thankfully she was a little big for Maribel's bag. So Ann gets to keep her...this time.

We rode on the LIRR with the sadly blogless Bronx expat Regina. Bel gave her an impromptu magic loop lesson on the train. Before the other guests arrived they got their knit on:
Amazingly Cara was actually surprised. As big an undertaking as it was Ann managed to keep it all under wraps. She was even able to get Cara's family there. We all waited outside for the full effect as she drove up:
The big knit hit of the party was Ann's blanket (I stole this shot from Ann, the one I took sucked):
For those wondering it's Curlicue in Knit One Crochet Too's Ty-Dy.

As always Ann was the hostess with the mostess. She did finally get to sit and rest after a few hours of doing her hostess duties:
There are some more photos here on my Flickr account if you are so inclined.

It's always a good time when I visit the LI gang. Once Kathleen arrived I was too busy to really take anymore pictures. I had to make sure the BFF was given enough attention. She's been feeling a bit jealous lately, lol.

I did actually do some knitting myself. Look it's a turned heel:
(obviously that's the monday morning cell phone shot)

Happy Monday!

0 comments: