Monday, September 20, 2004

Now that things at work have calmed down, it's time to get back to the rest of my life. It's not as though it stops while work is busy but I spend more time reacting to things rather that acting on them. In other words I'm always a few steps behind.

Here's a quick summary of life at home so far, Avery started school and Soccer. Ian is doing very well in speech therapy, he's turning into quite a chatterbox even if it's still not completely understandable. My 17 year old cousin has moved in with us during the week. Her mom bought a house upstate and it was agreed that Natasha should not change schools for her final year. We live 20 minutes away from her High School so it works well for her. I am frankly very happy about how well it's working for us too. Natasha has always been like a daughter to us and her mindset is pretty much just like ours (which does get her into a bit of trouble at home), so it's all good (or "it all just is", I'm with you Bron!).

My mother is still holding on. Amazing since a little over a month ago it was "a matter of days". Of course her doctor has always been honest about the reality of not knowing when she will finally go. It's heart wrenching though because she really is just a ghost of who she was. She can start a conversation but at some point she says something and you realize that she really has no idea what is going on around her.

All of this means very little progress to report on the knitting front. I finished the back of the striped sweater (I kept saying it was the front but the pattern starts at the back). I weaved in ends on Devan and Mya. I started the sleeves of Devan. I am doing both at the same time because I hate sleeves. My plan is to finish them in the next few days. Then do the sleeves for Mya so I can spend the weekend finishing both sweaters.

0 comments: