Monday, July 19, 2004

The Rug Along officially began on Thursday.  I began my rug on Friday.  I managed to put down the lap blanket, thankfully.  I went searching on Thursday night through my various stitch compendiums and finally found a nice chevron stitch in The Ultimate Sourcebook of Knitting and Crochet Stitches  (I also managed to finally do a row of single crochet,  but that's a story for another day).
 
So here's my progress as of Sunday morning: 
  
 
 
The pattern is exactly what I was imagining, with this yarn.  I made my husband measure the space where it will be so he could decide how big I should make it (he likes to feel involved).  It's about 20"  across and I will make it 32" long.  At this point I have about 10" done.  I want to finish it pretty quickly so I can get back to the lap blanket.  We are getting new furniture this week (ok not so new, the couch and chair from my mother's apartment since they are nearly brand new and my furniture is falling apart) and I would like to be able to drape the lap blanket over the back of the new couch while it still looks nice.  I figure I will have about 10 minutes once it gets here...




0 comments: