Friday, July 02, 2004

My best friend Maribel decided to hook me up for my birthday. She works for Barnes and Noble. She therefore has her staff trained to bring any new and exciting knitting books or items to her the moment they are unpacked.

Here's what she gave me:



I have been dying to knit a poncho and the one in the Suss Knit Kit is quite cool. In the picture on the package it looks like black and white, but it is really a varigated black and beige with subtle hints of blue. It's quite pretty. Here's a close-up but it doesn't do the color justice:



I love the books as well. The Knit Journal from Melanie Fallick just got reviewed in Knitty. It has a plastic case for holding notions, as well as a needle gauge/ruler, lot's of pockets and graph paper. It's a great size too. It will fit nicely in my bag.

The other book is called the Knitting Directory. It's a really cool reference book which gives you the basic stuff (about gauge etc.) as well as more advanced things to alter patterns to your liking. It's also small and compact, to make it easy to carry around.

All in all it was a pretty good haul for me. The blue bag in the background was also from Maribel. It's great to put things in for a day at the beach, which coincidentally is how I plan on spending my 4th of July.

Enjoy the holiday weekend everyone...

0 comments: