Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Yet another finished object and it's not even Monday!

I was ready to post on Monday but I was in meetings all day and never got it done. Then yesterday I had work to get done quickly because I was leaving early to go to...Avery's new high school! He got into the one we wanted him to get into. It's less than 400 students and is the only specialized high school to focus on the humanities, the others have a math and science focus. Avery says he has found his "tribe". We're all very happy. It's close to home as well and is housed on a college campus so he has use of many of the college's facilities. I think it's going to be great for him.

For your patience I will give you not one but two finished objects today. First up a hat for Ian:


It's the Turn a Square hat by Jared Flood. It's meant to be used for different yarns but I used just one. I also sped up the end decreases because it's for Ian and it was going to be too long. He has a big head so I normally do adult patterns for him but this one really needed to be shorter. This makes it a bit more gathered at the top. I haven't tried it on him yet so I've left the ends loose in case I don't like it and decide to rip back and pull an inch off the right way.

I also finished the Smallville socks:

The gauge on them is disgustingly loose if you ask me, due to my failed magic loop attempt but Rinaldo loves them and that's all that matters. They also fit perfectly:


Happy hump day peoples!

0 comments: