Thursday, February 19, 2009

What I'm working on

Julie asked now that I've finished all those things, what am I working on now? So glad you asked!

In December I won a Knit Picks contest for yarn. I had to choose one of three patterns from the most recent Knitty and once I won I was able to pick the size and color and they sent me the yarn. I choose Everybody Knows. As is my tradition when doing sweaters I started with a sleeve (the batteries are dead in the camera so it's cell phone shots for now):

It's Wool of the Andes Kettle Dyed in wine. I had major gauge issues at first but going up to a 10 1/2 needle seems to have me on track (it's supposed to be a 9).

I also have my second monthly washcloth:

It's impossible to tell in this shot but it's brown and yellow which go really nicely together. Can I tell you how much I look forward to this each month? I really enjoy seeing the pattern emerge and this one is a particular favorite.

I also finally cast on for the second buffy/nutkin sock. Unfortunately once the crazy ass cuff was done I started the pattern and twice I've screwed it up. My stitch count is right and I don't recall having any issues previously so it's obviously me. Once the dishcloth is done I'll revisit it as my "break from the sweater" project.

What's on your needles?

0 comments: