Monday, October 13, 2003

I think I really need to set aside a specific time to blog each day. Last week I kept meaning to do it but I just never did and suddenly the week was over. Oh well I'll try to do better this week. I finally got some links up to my favorite blogs thanks to Blog Rolling, yay!

I went to see Whale Rider this weekend, God that was a great movie! Everyone should see it...go now...don't worry it's out on video week after next so you don't have to rush out to a movie theater.

I'm feeling a little bored of my current projects. Tisha's scarf feels like it takes forever and it is very redundant in it's stitch pattern. My son's sweater is made with cotton thick 'n'quick so it is very, very thick. It feels like I am knitting with rope. That being said I have finished the back and I am halfway through a sleeve. I decided to do the front last because I want to try to add a kangaroo pocket and that will be the most complicated part of the project.

I took a break from them both over the weekend. I attempted a sock for my toddler with Bernat's Hot Sox yarn, but I got lost somewhere around the 6th round and started knitting on the wrong side. I guess I was paying too much attention to my son's soccer game (which they lost!). On Sunday I spent the entire day knitting a doll for my husband. Odd as that sounds, it was at his request. I adapted a garter stitch teddy bear pattern, into a superhero, Nightwing to be exact. For those who don't know Nightwing is Batman's first Robin, all grown up. He is my husband's favorite and he felt a need for a doll, but they don't make any plushes of this guy. It came out pretty well (I've given up on promising pictures one day they will be here, I just don't know when that will be!) just the head is a bit freaky. I may re-do it at a later time, but all in all for a day's knitting he was pretty impressive, and freehand at that.

0 comments: