I signed up for the Ravelympics at the last minute this year and I am now paying the price. We're making helmet liners in our knitting group so I decided to sign up for the Charity Curling event. Now the pattern says you need the exact gauge in order for it to fit under the helmet. I checked my gauge, switched needles, checked again and went to town:
I'm currently back where I started just about finishing the ribbing. I should have it done in time but damn what a pain in the ass. I get the importance of gauge and how it can make the world a better place since things you know fit like they should when it's right but I hate the actual practice of it. Blech!
I did finish something at least:
These are the Doctor Who socks for Avery that I started in March of last year, yes that says March. It took nearly a year to cast on and finish the second sock. The yarn is White Oaks Studio TV Yarn hence the name. If one looks closely you can see that the socks are fraternal. I completely forgot the slip stitch row on the instep of the second sock. Forgot it over and over again. I didn't realize until the heel decreases were completely done. I showed it to Avery and he said he didn't care so I left it.
I had switched to Blogger comments a few weeks back since Haloscan is going away but I hated it since I couldn't email anyone back directly. I am now trying out the replacement for Haloscan for a month. If anyone hates it let me know.
Back to the damn hat...