Sunday, October 12, 2008

Getting my act together

I'm having issues. Issues in life, issues in knitting. Pretty much the same issues. I have urges, ambitions even but I lack discipline and have poor time management skills. From the knitting perspective I have to admit that for the first time in years I have a number of UFOs. Two shawls/stoles, booties waiting for buttons, the socks I'm currently working on and a second sock waiting to be cast on (which I count as an ufo). I also have enough yarn for 4 sweaters which I'd love to start on (any one will do) and a Perry the Platypus to design and knit for my youngest's birthday in 2 weeks. I have a horrible case of starteritis and I have no idea how to combat it.

The socks are moving at a glacial pace which means Perry must be cast on now. That means that there is one more project not completed which means I feel less than successful. I'm having similar issues with my writing. Prior to the summer I was writing for Pink Raygun yet I haven't turned in an article in months. I simply never have the time to sit down and write it. I do seem to have plenty of time to feel guilty about it.

Blogging is also a victim of my issues. I suspect this all stems from the uncertainty in my professional life but it seems to me that should be more of an excuse to focus on the things I can control and that bring me pleasure outside of work.

Any ideas people? I could use some advice on getting my ass in gear.

In the middle of all this I am at the very least loved and appreciated. My dear blog/plurk bud Dani nominated me for the I Love Your Blog award. Thanks Dani I needed that! Here's the lowdown:

1. Please put the award on your blog.
2. Add a link to the person who awarded you.
3. You must nominate at least 4 fellow bloggers for this award.
4. Add links to the recipients.
5. Leave a comment so the recipients know they have received an award.

I’ve read the rules, and I promise to comply, so here it is - my shiny new ribbon!






My nominees are:

Ann because 9 times out of 10 she brings a smile to my face.

Roe because she is my newly discovered kindred spirit. We geek girls gotta stick together!

Shameka because I am always in awe of her ambition and accomplishments. In knitting and in life.

Bron because we've been traveling this blog road together all these years, through good and bad. Reading her blog is always like keeping up with a dear friend.

0 comments: