Friday, September 21, 2007

If you were my mail carrier would you know a knitter lived here?


...hey wait a minute where is this postcard from...

Do you think Old Navy hired a marketing firm to attract knitters to their stores?

LOL


Oh yeah and this came too:
I'm not always crazy about the Vogue books but I love the sock book. There are plenty of patterns that I will make and only a few I definitely won't. The history of sock knitting chapter is especially interesting.

Speaking of socks, here's where I am on the Charade socks for Rinaldo:


I started these on my new Lantern Moon Sox Stix. I really do like to knit with them. They are comforable and the fact that they are so short doesn't bother me at all. However, they are so blunt that it's a problem. This pattern requires me to pass a slip stitch over two stitches and then knit the two on the next round and it's been a bit of a chore. I think that's why they were going so slowly. I switched over to my Knit Picks metal dpns and I've picked up the pace quite a bit.

I'm hoping to go back to regular posting next week. Things are definitely dying down here. In fact I'm ditching out at 12 for lunch with Gina and then heading home to pick up Ian. We're taking a trip to the post office for a package whose contents I will share with you on Monday.

Have a great weekend!!!

0 comments: