Monday, September 24, 2007

I choose to blame Kathleen...

So I'm minding my own business. Scrolling through the latest issue of Knitty and IM'ing with Kathleen (yeah we're such teenagers)...and I see Cherie Amour. I literally went walking through my office to find someone to show it to. I find our new floor manager Amanda and I make her look at it, thank god I hired a knitter. I went back to my desk and continued my conversation with Kathleen. I had just lamented that Rogue was going nowhere fast when she said "it's bulky, you could get that done fast". I am usually not such a suggestible person but there I was later that night going on to Handpaintedyarn.com trying to find a color I liked and ordering it on the spot.

My trip to the post office was to pick up my package. Lookie, lookie:



The colors are far more muted than the picture appears. The flash made them almost neon but they're not even close to being that bright. I find them very autumnal.
I'm about halfway on the first sleeve. I can't lie, I'm a bit concerned that the recommended 5 skeins will not be enough and if it isn't I'm screwed since my colorway is completely gone. What can I say I was drunk with the idea of it so I foolishly didn't overbuy. My size is somewhere between a large and a 1x so if I adjust a bit that should help. Maybe, just maybe it will be ready for Rheinbeck.

I was home with Ian today since he was coughing, sneezing and his nose was running all over the place. I was inspired by Chante's makeover to do one myself, hence the new look for the blog. A nice, fresh look for autumn.

0 comments: