Monday, November 24, 2003

I had a fairly productive weekend for a change. I finished the last square for the 1st baby blanket due here at work. Now I just have to wait for everyone else's squares so we can put them together. Of course the yarn just came in for the second blanket which is made up of smaller squares, Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino. Can't wait to start those but that is a post Christmas project. I finished the LB Homespun scarf to go with the mittens so that is one gift off my list, yay me!

I started the diagonal scarf this time in LB Homespun (yes, I really like that stuff). I really love how it is going so much faster than the cashmere one, though not as beautiful of course. It's in sort of a bizarre colorway called Prairie. When I bought it I thought it was a beige with red, blue and purple stranded through but in the florescents it actually looks more like a green. It works really well with the pattern though because the colors pool nicely in each shortrow section.

I am hoping to finish by Thursday and then start working on mittens for the long weekend. I have 2 more pairs to make, each mitt usually takes me a day so I think I can really get somewhere if I work at it. That will leave the fun fur experimental projects as well as 2 DNA scarves, a toddlet helmet, 2 chenille hats and 3 sweaters. Thankfully the sweaters do not have to be done exactly by christmas as the recipients all know they are in the works.

0 comments: