Sunday, January 17, 2010

Where the hell have I been?

It's been a crazy nine months. In my last post I hinted that professionally something had changed and it sure did. I was promoted to store manager of my bookstore. Unfortunately for the first 6 months or so the meant doing my old buying job and the new store manager job. This left very little time for anything else. It's smoothed out a bit in October. We're gearing up for a big move soon where two stores will be combined and the manager of that store will take over all the buying so I can focus on the store management. I sucked at it for quite awhile since I never balance well but the last few months have been much, much better. My boss has been very patient as well since he understood he was asking a lot.

We also got throw for a bit of a loop this past November when Ian's teacher said she felt we needed to find him another school for third grade. We've avoided an official diagnosis of his issues for years since he was getting the support he needed and doing well but his teacher feels A- if we leave the city to assess him he'll be kicked out of special ed since academically he's doing great. That would be bad because a large classroom would overwhelm him and we'd be back where we started. B- if we managed to keep him in special ed she didn't have confidence that the spec ed teacher for third grade would be a good fit for him. Not to mention as the kids get older in spec ed there are more behavioral and emotional disturbed kids and that's not Ian.

We're looking at programs now and we may have found a great spot for him but we're still in process so I won't jinx it by discussing it here. Suffice it to say that I think we'll have this settled in the next couple of months.

Have I been knitting? A bit. I have tons of WIPs. In fact I joined a Facebook group to work them off. This is what I'm working on now. A pinwheel blanket:


It's actually the second of two for twins who were born months ago. I just can't seem to get it done. First I ran out of yarn, then Knit Picks ran out of yarn so I've only picked it up again recently. I'm in the home stretch now though.

I'm also doing the monthly dischloth KAL again. They sure came in handy as holiday gifts! Here is the first one of 2010:



I won't make any promises about posting but hopefully I'll find a schedule that works. If any of you are even still out there, lol.

Congrats to my two dear friends Ann and Kathleen for their recent purchase of a lovely little yarn shop. I am equal parts thrilled and jealous for them!

Happy New Year!

0 comments: