Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Happy Days are Here Again

The NHL lockout is over. I frankly thought the NHL itself was over but it turns out not to be the case. I wish I could make some principled statement supporting or complaining about the players or the owners but I am just too damn happy that my Rangers will be playing again.

Michele sent me a lovely card:



Thanks Michele it really perked me up a bit when I found it in my mailbox.

Last night was my knitting group at Barnes and Noble. There were 22 people there. We have never had such a turnout. It was really amazing and only a handful were regulars. I'm curious to see how many come back next month.

Clapotis is coming along. I've dropped 3 stitches so far, that's my favorite part. Branching Out is a bit stalled but I'll get back to it. I feel like I should start a Harry Potter scarf for the Midnight Party at Maribel's store that I'm taking Avery to on Friday but that's a bit over the top I think.

The winner of the poll for the wedding afghan is, drumroll please:

Cream

Just a bit disappointed myself but I think I will buy a skein of cream and a skein of cinnamon (my favorite) and swatch them both up. At least this narrowed down the field for me. Swatching will give me a much better idea of which works and I can give the swatch to the happy couple as a preview of the gift to come. Thanks for voting.

0 comments: