Saturday, March 19, 2005

I've been on the disabled list all week so I must apologize for the lack of posting. I've had this cough on and off for the past 6 weeks or so. Last weekend it got really bad again, then on Monday we had the first day of inventory at work. Lots of actual physical labor, which can take a lot out of a desk jockey like me especially when I'm not at my best. Then there was all the dust flying around. Together this added up to me being horribly sick on Tuesday. I called out, dragged myself to the doctor and discovered I had a respiratory infection. He put me on serious antibiotics and cough syrup with codeine. I didn't make it into work on Wednesday either mostly because I was so doped up. I managed to drag myself in on Thursday but mostly because I had a meeting and I knew Friday we were off (inventory is a four day week).

This left me very little energy for knitting and no energy for blogging. So I didn't get to show you what I got on Saturday:


and a close-up of the instep:



Aren't they beautiful and so, so soft. They came all the way from Hawaii just for me! Thanks sockapalooza buddy!

Sadly my buddy has had to wait for her socks, due to my illness. I did manage to finish them last night (finally) so I will send them out today. She is in California so I am going to fork out for expedited shipping since I am 4 days late in sending them. Here they are:



In the end I'm happy with them. Although it will be a long time before I knit socks again and never again will I do socks on a deadline.

Happy Spring everyone....

0 comments: