Monday, January 05, 2004

I must make a confession. I gave up on the DNA scarf. I think I want to work on my cabling skills a bit more before tackling the intricacies of this pattern. If I had 2 days to just sit down and do nothing else but knit then I would be fine, but that does not happen in real life. I would be completely lost everytime I picked it up after not working on it for a few days and it took me a long time to get my bearings again. Life is a bit stressful at the moment so I decided, maybe next year. Instead I cast on 230 stitches with the yarn and did a long skinny scarf instead, worked out great!

I also spent the last week putting this together:



and a bit of a close-up:



Sorry the pictures are a bit dark but it was 10:00 at night.

This was made by 4 of us at my job, 2 of whom are my knitting proteges. We each did 3 squares. We made it with Red Heart Baby Sport double stranded and it came out beautifully. This is a gift for one of the three women at my job who is pregnant. Now we are working on a similiar blanket from the Debbie Bliss Baby Knits book. It is comprised of 56 squares this time! In Cashmerino Aran, which is quite frankly, heaven to work with.

I am also making progress on my eldest son Avery's hooded sweater:



It's coming out much better on the larger sized needles. The drape of it is much more comfortable. It seemed a bit stiff on the 11s that the pattern called for. I have the back completely done and the front is almost finished as you can see.

If I can finish the squares by this weekend and have the front of the sweater as well as at least 1 sleeve done I will allow myself to cast on for the Kureyon bag. I figure a little motivation goes a long way.

0 comments: